Any suggestions? I would also like to read an adult book myself... anyone know of any good ones?
Selah had her sibling class on Saturday and she seemed to enjoy it. I am still trying to figure out our plan for transitioning. Here is our plan right now:
1. Selah and daddy will go pick out a gift for mommy and baby before heading to the hospital and mommy will have a gift for Selah from her brother when she gets there. I am thinking a dvd so she can watch it right in the hospital room.
2. print out a picture of Selah that says "I'm big sister Selah" and place it on the bassinet at the hospital.
3. Put together a basket of toys that she can pick and choose from only when mommy is feeding baby so she has something "special" to do during those times.
4. If both Selah and baby are crying at the same time, go first to Selah because she will remember that where baby will not remember and be fine for a couple minutes.
5. Make sure we try our hardest to still have mommy and daddy tuck in to bed and pray. Make sure she knows that mommy or daddy can read her bed time story (she is kinda used to mommy doing it)
6. Daddy and Selah will be taking a swimming class together in spring! Special time for them.
7. Continue to take my shopping buddy, Selah, with me while leaving baby with daddy. We have a lot of fun out and about right now and want to continue to let her come with as often as possible.
Those are a few ideas so far but am open to suggestions and ideas! So what did you do??? What is the age difference in your children?