Some ways Crayola is going green include:
Powered By The Sun
Crayons Made With Solar Power
- A billion crayons a year will be made using solar power. How will you know? Look for specially marked boxes of Crayola crayons.
- During the crayon making process any chipped or broken crayons are remelted in the mixer so there is no waste.
Marker Barrels Made With Recycled Plastic
- Crayola marker barrels and plugs are made with recycled plastic.
- Plastic scraps from making marker casings are crushed into tiny pellets and put back into the system. There is very little waste.
Colored Pencils Made With Reforested Wood
- All of the wood used in Crayola colored pencils comes from reforested trees.
- For every tree used, another of the same kind is planted.
- We do not use wood from tropical rainforests or endangered species.
They have a video explaining some of the changes they have made and are making.
I thought this was awesome! So when you are looking for art supplies look for symbol on the package to know it is one of their "green" products. :)