Happy 4th of July weekend! Hope you all will enjoy the freedom we are blessed with. Many of you will be going out and enjoying fireworks and many of you will be lighting off your own fireworks. As I am typing this I hear fireworks going off near my house. So lets review some safety tips:
1. Store all fireworks out of reach from children
2. Store all fireworks away from any heat sources
3. Sparklers can reach 1,800° Fahrenheit (982° Celsius) HOT!!!! If you still chose to buy these remind children to keep them away from their face, clothes, others, and make sure an adult is
4. Only purchase legal fireworks.
5. Know what your city laws are. Do you need to purchase a license to light them off?
6. Do not point fireworks at anyone... I do not want to see stupid youtube videos!
7. USE OUTSIDE ONLY!
8. Never try to make your own fireworks.
9. Never use a glass or metal container to light off a firework.
10. Never try to relight a dud firework as it could go off as you try to relight it.
11. Soak all fireworks in water before throwing in the trash and never send your kids to pick them up!
12. Keep water near the place you light them off.
13. Only allow adults to light the fireworks.
14. Always use caution!
The National Fire Protection Association estimates that local
fire departments respond to more 50,000 fires caused by
fireworks each year.