I am in need of a vacation! Are you???
How about a fantastic trip to Virginia Beach!!! Many of you know I live in Wisconsin so I would prefer to leave the state and see the amazing ocean and I think Virginia Beach would be a great place for me and my wonderful family.
Here are my top 10 reasons why I want to go to Virginia beach and why you should too:
1. Stress-Everyone needs to get out of the daily grind and have time to re-energize away from home. What a great way to relax then to go fishing on a pier, soak your toes in some sand, and eat some yummy food! :)
2. Build a sandcastle! My daughter loves the sand and I know we could build one magnificent castle.
3. The Virginia Aquarium would be a perfect day outing with our family of four. I love learning about all the animals of the sea and my daughter has shown a big interest in fish and turtles, but what is more exciting is the whale watching! HOW COOL! :)
4. I know I can convince my hubby to go to Virginia beach when I say "SURFING LESSONS." I think I will stay on shore with camera in hand and get some great photos of him learning the waves.
5. A kayak adventure with dolphins! I AM SOLD! I have always loved dolphins so this would be an awesome adventure in my book.
6. A visit to the National Aviation Monument, Francis Land House, or take one of the History Tours. I think this would be a neat way to teach my daughter about our history. Virginia Beach has a lot of history and I want to teach my kids about our history.
7. One of the first dates that my husband and I had was hiking. I think taking a hike up one of the trails at First Landing State Park or climbing up Old Cape Henry Lighthouse would bring back some memories of old past memories.
8. GO PARA-SAILING! That would be a brand new adventure that we have never done. I am all for trying new adventures. I think this would be a great hubby n wife date while on vacation!
9. Visit Mount Trashmore Park for the kids to have some fun. It is a must to visit a playground when you have young kids.
10. No vacation is a vacation until you hit up a water-park! I think our family would have a great time visiting Ocean Breeze Water-park, going down water-slides and swimming is a vacation must.
I could probably find 10 more reasons why I want to visit Virginia Beach but I think I will stop writing my list and start saving money in our vacation fund! :) I love when I can find a vacation spot that has so many things to offer...especially for a family. :)
“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”
Since you all loved the other cookie giveaway I did last week I thought a St. Patrick's Cookie Giveaway would be another great one for those of you who have a sugar tooth. :) This giveaway is sponsored by Gourmet Cookie Bouquets ! I personally have not tried these cookies but looking at the pictures of all the cookie bouquets made me ready to try them! I absolutely love the creativity in all their Holiday Bouquets! 2 Lucky winners will win a fun St. Patrick's Day Bouquet that is valued at $50. GOOD LUCK! I hope one of my readers wins!! Use the rafflecopter widget below to enter the St. Patrick's Day cookie giveaway. The mandatory entry is commenting on this post, but once that entry is completed, various other entry options will become available. Any option is acceptable, but the number of entries per person are limited to the number indicated in the contest rafflecopter form. Entries will be reviewed and duplicate or uncompleted ones will be removed
St. Patrick's day is March 17th so its approaching quickly. I have a few ideas on art and food projects that i want to do with the kiddos. Hopefully I will have enough time to complete them and share them with you. This was a super easy one for those little hands. I cut the stripes of colored paper but if you are working with a preschooler or school aged child then they can practice cutting. The two toddler boys here only had to glue the pieces on their piece of paper. EASY, but they enjoyed it! :) It sure has brightened my kitchen with them hanging on the fridge! :) I also talked more about the Promise God gave us with the rainbow since I know that history a whole lot better then the history of the Irish Holiday!
MY MEMORIES SUITE Review and giveaway! (#1 rated scrapbook software) The above is one of the scrap pages I have created. Super easy and super fast. I only took a couple minutes to create a 8 page photo book. I am still going to do some more with adding more embellishments! The below is one I created all from scratch and it only took me about 5 minutes! :) SO EASY! Here is a great video explaining more about the product. There are also tutorials available on youtube.com I am not sure if you are like me but I have spent hours online trying to upload photos to the web to place them into something I was trying to create. THE BIGGEST BONUS to My Memory Suite is the fact that it is downloaded to your computer so you do not have to wait forever for a picture to upload! It made my experience much quicker then other programs I have used online. The scrapbook software was very easy to download on my computer and did not take long to learn how to create. :) One feature t