School has started for me and my daughter! I think many of you know I am a teacher so getting back into a routine can have it's challenges for this mamma. I also just found out that I have low iron so I am trying to find many new ways to increase my iron but also my energy levels. Chia seeds is a great way to help increase energy without icky junk in your body.
Healthy Back to School tips from Salba Chia:
· Eat a nutritious breakfast every day. Studies show that breakfast eaters tend to have higher school attendance, less tardiness, overall higher test scores and better concentration, according to EatRight.org. Try delicious breakfast ideas at www.salbasmart.com.
· Pack rainbow-colored lunches: Cut up a mix of red, green, yellow, orange and purple fruits and veggies to dip into hummus mixed with chia seeds for an extra boost of nutrients.
· Power up with a healthy snack before after-school activities: Make fiber-rich Salba Chia fruit smoothies or get ideas from other moms at www.facebook.com/SalbaSmart.
Kids aren’t the only ones who need to feel their best when school starts – their parents have to keep up with them!
Here’s a little bit more about Salba Chia seeds:
· Provide 3,400+ mg of Omega-3s (ALA) and 5,000+ mg of dietary fiber per serving
· 70% more vegetable protein than soybeans
· 200% more potassium than bananas
· 30% more antioxidants than blueberries
· 25% more fiber than flax seed
· All-natural, gluten-free, non-GMO
· **Unlike other chia seeds, Salba Chia is the only form of chia for which there are positive published clinical studies.
I am a fan! Yes, I truly am and these tiny seeds are so easy to hide in meals that my children have absolutely now clue that they are in their food! So where have I been adding them: smoothies, rice, veggies, oatmeal, and my favorite pancakes. My kids love when I make my 3 ingredient pancakes (4 with the Chia) and adding the Chia seeds are a great boost for all of our health.
Here is my pancake recipe:
In a blender add 2 bananas, 6 eggs, and roughly 2 cups of oatmeal and 2 tablespoons of the chia seeds. Blend it up to the right consistency and put it on the pan. My kids have no idea the chia seeds are in because everything blends so nice and their is not much of a taste. My kids enjoy eating their pancakes with peanut butter and a little syrup drizzle. YES, these are amazing an addicting.
You should buy some today and starting finding ways to add them to your meals!