School has started for me and my daughter! I think many of you know I am a teacher so getting back into a routine can have it's challenges for this mamma. I also just found out that I have low iron so I am trying to find many new ways to increase my iron but also my energy levels. Chia seeds is a great way to help increase energy without icky junk in your body.
Healthy Back to School tips from Salba Chia:
· Eat a nutritious breakfast every day. Studies show that breakfast eaters tend to have higher school attendance, less tardiness, overall higher test scores and better concentration, according to EatRight.org. Try delicious breakfast ideas at www.salbasmart.com.
· Pack rainbow-colored lunches: Cut up a mix of red, green, yellow, orange and purple fruits and veggies to dip into hummus mixed with chia seeds for an extra boost of nutrients.
· Power up with a healthy snack before after-school activities: Make fiber-rich Salba Chia fruit smoothies or get ideas from other moms at www.facebook.com/SalbaSmart.
Kids aren’t the only ones who need to feel their best when school starts – their parents have to keep up with them!
Here’s a little bit more about Salba Chia seeds:
· Provide 3,400+ mg of Omega-3s (ALA) and 5,000+ mg of dietary fiber per serving
· 70% more vegetable protein than soybeans
· 200% more potassium than bananas
· 30% more antioxidants than blueberries
· 25% more fiber than flax seed
· All-natural, gluten-free, non-GMO
· **Unlike other chia seeds, Salba Chia is the only form of chia for which there are positive published clinical studies.
I am a fan! Yes, I truly am and these tiny seeds are so easy to hide in meals that my children have absolutely now clue that they are in their food! So where have I been adding them: smoothies, rice, veggies, oatmeal, and my favorite pancakes. My kids love when I make my 3 ingredient pancakes (4 with the Chia) and adding the Chia seeds are a great boost for all of our health.
Here is my pancake recipe:
In a blender add 2 bananas, 6 eggs, and roughly 2 cups of oatmeal and 2 tablespoons of the chia seeds. Blend it up to the right consistency and put it on the pan. My kids have no idea the chia seeds are in because everything blends so nice and their is not much of a taste. My kids enjoy eating their pancakes with peanut butter and a little syrup drizzle. YES, these are amazing an addicting.
You should buy some today and starting finding ways to add them to your meals!
I really enjoyed this visual for Color Street Application! So far Nail it With Selah and April is going great! We are eager to help you get your nails pretty or sparkly or both! If we can do it then that means anyone can do it! Look at the fun Easter Colors!!!! Which one is your favorite? Chicks or bunnies? Check all the other designs here!
St. Patrick's day is March 17th so its approaching quickly. I have a few ideas on art and food projects that i want to do with the kiddos. Hopefully I will have enough time to complete them and share them with you. This was a super easy one for those little hands. I cut the stripes of colored paper but if you are working with a preschooler or school aged child then they can practice cutting. The two toddler boys here only had to glue the pieces on their piece of paper. EASY, but they enjoyed it! :) It sure has brightened my kitchen with them hanging on the fridge! :) I also talked more about the Promise God gave us with the rainbow since I know that history a whole lot better then the history of the Irish Holiday!
Since you all loved the other cookie giveaway I did last week I thought a St. Patrick's Cookie Giveaway would be another great one for those of you who have a sugar tooth. :) This giveaway is sponsored by Gourmet Cookie Bouquets ! I personally have not tried these cookies but looking at the pictures of all the cookie bouquets made me ready to try them! I absolutely love the creativity in all their Holiday Bouquets! 2 Lucky winners will win a fun St. Patrick's Day Bouquet that is valued at $50. GOOD LUCK! I hope one of my readers wins!! Use the rafflecopter widget below to enter the St. Patrick's Day cookie giveaway. The mandatory entry is commenting on this post, but once that entry is completed, various other entry options will become available. Any option is acceptable, but the number of entries per person are limited to the number indicated in the contest rafflecopter form. Entries will be reviewed and duplicate or uncompleted ones will be removed