Friday, November 6, 2015
Every girl wants to know she’s totally unique and special. This Bible says that with Faithgirlz sparkle. Through the many in-text features found only in the Faithgirlz Bible, girls will grow closer to God as they discover the journey of a lifetime.
• Book introductions—Read about the who, when, where, and what of each book
• Dream Girl—Use your imagination to put yourself in the story
• Bring It On!—Take quizzes to really get to know yourself
• Is There a Little (Eve, Ruth, Isaiah) in You?—See for yourself what you have in common
• Words to Live By—Check out these Bible verses that are great for memorizing
• What Happens Next?—Create a list of events to tell a Bible story in your own words
• Oh, I Get It!—Find answers to Bible questions you've wondered about
• The complete New King James Version (NKJV) translation
• Features written by bestselling author Nancy Rue
You all know I love to review many different Bibles! I really enjoy several of the features but I wish the translation was not NKJV. I have just personally found that most of the kids I work with has a challenge with this translation. However getting passed the translation I love the "Dream Girl" section that encourages you to become part of the story. I also like the little quizzes that are hidden in side that will help you pin point some of your features which might be similar to someone else in the Bible.
The cover is appealing to most girls and the extra features will create more curiosity for young girls to get in their Bibles.
As parents we have to be modeling the Bible reading so that our kids view it as a normal and expected thing that is done each day. Get in God's word and study it...it will change your life!
Thank you Zondervan for sending me this Bible for free in exchange for an honest review. All opinions expressed are 100% mine and I was not paid for this review.
This Bible retails for $27.99 on Zondervan. It is a hardcover book that would make a great gift for any young girl.
Posted by Praises from a Wife and Mommy! at Friday, November 06, 2015