All you need to know about trimmers
- Gives you your signature style: You can shape and detail your beard and moustache the way you like with a trimmer. A shaver can only give you a clean shave, but you can use a trimmer to shape your hair. You can save your time and money by not going to expensive salons, and still bringing out the creativity in you by making your signature styles.
- Acts skin-friendly: Unlike the razor which puts pressure on the skin, resulting in nicks and cuts, a trimmer glides smoothly. It is not only soft on the skin, but it also ensures that it doesn’t darken the skin. There is no way the blades can cut into your skin as its movement is flexible and the speed can be controlled. There are no chances of rashes, allergies and the problems of ingrown hair as well.
- Serves many purposes: A trimmer is not just for the beard and moustache. Thanks to the different adjustable heads, it can be used to trim the hair up the nose, ears, armpits, chest and the hair down the nether regions as well.
- Practical: Since it is portable and light weight, it is handy, especially while travelling. You can just shove it in your bag and go on. It is also time saving since all it needs is a few glides for a smooth look. Trimmers are available as both corded and battery-operated versions. They are easy to maintain and you do not need a shaving base to trim your hair. When compared to shavers which are pricier and whose expensive blades need to be changed regularly, trimmers are easy to maintain. The best thing is that the trimmer blades are self-sharpening.
- You can only trim your beard after it has grown to a certain length.
- It cannot give you a very clean shave. Even if you attempt a clean shave with it, it takes a lot of time.
- It cannot exfoliate the dead cells.