ABOUT THE BOOK
As new research continues to show, the cultural gap between secularism and the convictional Church continues to widen. KidMin and youth leaders are asking, “Are we adequately discipling today’s kids to lead the future of the church in a culture that’s becoming increasingly hostile to the gospel?” For many, the answer is “no,” and a new conversation around making Resilient disciples is emerging.
Resilient is an honest calling to ask robust questions about the future; it is a timely conversation in the midst of changing cultural landscapes; and it’s a love letter to KidMin leaders and disciple-makers to walk this road of child discipleship together. Resilient child discipleship focuses on three key areas, essential for shaping long-term faith:
Resilient equips you with an innovative, biblical and proven child discipleship philosophy to build your ministry around – plus practical questions to equip you and your team!
- Belonging – Highly relational ministry led by a loving and caring adult
- Believing – Deeply Scriptural ministry rooted in the truth of God’s Word and the power of the gospel
- Becoming – Truly experiential ministry, designed to move kids from simulation to real-world application of faith-based living
The culture is changing so rapidly and radically that the future is likely to look far different than the world we know today. The children’s ministry community has new conversations to explore as we prepare today’s kids to lead the fearless future of the church.
- Inspires and facilitates the crucial conversation of our time that will shape the future of the church
- Loaded with free resources to help your pastor cast vision and elevate the importance of children’s ministry
- Helps cut through the clutter of the many responsibilities of KidMin to get to the most essential and effective aspects of children’s ministry that most influence long-term discipleship into adulthood
- Child discipleship is the leading factor when shaping the future of your church
COME JOIN THE CONVERSATION!
I have mixed reviews on this book. I know the authors meant very well in writing each chapter however I found myself conflicted with they way things were written. One example the first chapter seemed to mention AWANA constantly and it's not a program I use currently so it got annoying. Second, there was political junk brought up and even though they even commented on the purpose for it being included still was hard to page through! Third there are some bold statements and a whole chapter focused on even naming a mass shooter. It is real in our society and I agree radical love can transform anyone but I had a hard time that the author included names from such a hard tragic incident.
Getting past those things mentioned above let me divert to the purpose of this book! The whole purpose is to reevaluate if we are raising our kids and reaching our current kids at our churches to be able to stand for TRUTH! At the end of each chapter there are several really good questions that have made me really think about what I can do better to ensure my kids are ready and prepared to stand up for Christ.
Another area that really caught my attention was the media chapter. Looking at the averages of time kids are in front of a screen on a daily basis compared to how much time in church or even how much time reading the Word we have a serious problem. We know that what fills our mind fills our heart. How can we expect our kids to be faith filled when they are not reading the Bible and only going to church once a month!
If you are in need of motivation to get your thoughts on how to improve your reach to the next generation and prepare for the future of the church as a whole this book will challenge you.
I was given a copy of this book for free in exchange for an honest review. I was not paid for this review and all opinions expressed are 100% my own.
Click the link below to win a copy of this book! I hope one of my readers wins it!