After years of practice most moms have the healthy lunch routine down. But what about back to school breakfast? The kids need a nutritious meal that’s tasty and filling enough to provide focus and energy for the long school day. You need something that’s fast, easy, and mom-approved. Plus many moms also need gluten-free options.
Canyon Bakehouse provides gluten free breads that taste and feel like “real” bread. Made with 100% whole grains for energy and nutrients, the breads are baked with ingredients you can pronounce and find in your own kitchen, such as extra virgin olive oil, organic agave syrup and eggs.
Pair Canyon Bakehouse with protein in the morning for a satiating breakfast that provides sustained energy and brain power for a productive and fun day at school.
Try these gluten-free breakfast ideas:
· Cinnamon Raisin bread with almond butter or peanut butter. Canyon’s Tip: choose all-natural nut butters to avoid harmful trans fats.
· Mountain White cheese and avocado sandwich. Canyon’s Tip: Avocados are a great source of healthy fat for energy and keeps the belly full.
· 7-Grain toast with a slice of turkey. Canyon’s Tip: lunch foods (ie: turkey) make great breakfast foods since they’re low sugar and full of protein.
· Cranberry Canyon Crunch Muffin with a hard-boiled egg. Canyon’s Tip: hard-boil a bunch of eggs on Sunday for quicker prep each morning.
Plus Canyon Bakehouse gluten-free breads are great for lunch sandwiches, so kids can love PB&J again!
At school about 2 students in each classroom have a food allergy. To help parents prepare for the school year, here’s our checklist for staying safe with food allergies:
Tips for Staying Safe at School With Food Allergies
· Keep teachers and staff in the know – Set up a meeting before the first day of school with your child’s teacher, the school nurse and principal to talk about your child’s allergies.
· Provide a list of safe and unsafe foods for your child – Especially with gluten allergies, many people don’t understand what it is or where it can be found. Creating a quick run-down of foods to avoid will eliminate fear or confusion on the school’s part.
· Make an allergy action plan – Provide the school staff with medical information, emergency contact info and a food allergy action plan in case your child has a reaction at school.
· Attitude is everything – Along with school staff, it’s important to talk to your child about the allergy so he/she understands it. If you don’t treat the allergy as something “weird” then they won’t feel embarrassed.
Thanks Canyon Bakehouse for sending me the Cranberry Canyon Crunch Muffins, 7 grain, Mountain White, and Cinnamon Raisin breads to review. I was not paid for this review and all opinions are 100% mine.
We do not have any allergies for gluten but I honestly have been trying to eliminate them for my own health! I absolutely loved the muffins!! The cranberry crunch muffins were amazing! I loved the crunch and the sweetness together. I was nice enough to bring one of the muffins to my friend who does have a gluten allergy and she loved it too! :)
For the loaves of bread I am satisfied and excited to see if I can find these breads in one of my local stores. I have enjoyed several sandwiches with the white bread and my kids have not even noticed a difference in bread! The Cinnamon Raisin toasted is a great choice in the morning! I enjoy putting my sweet potato pecan spread on it! :) SO GOOD!
The products from Canyon Bakehouse are absolutely tasty for the whole family! So what are you feeding your kids before school?
Since you all loved the other cookie giveaway I did last week I thought a St. Patrick's Cookie Giveaway would be another great one for those of you who have a sugar tooth. :) This giveaway is sponsored by Gourmet Cookie Bouquets ! I personally have not tried these cookies but looking at the pictures of all the cookie bouquets made me ready to try them! I absolutely love the creativity in all their Holiday Bouquets! 2 Lucky winners will win a fun St. Patrick's Day Bouquet that is valued at $50. GOOD LUCK! I hope one of my readers wins!! Use the rafflecopter widget below to enter the St. Patrick's Day cookie giveaway. The mandatory entry is commenting on this post, but once that entry is completed, various other entry options will become available. Any option is acceptable, but the number of entries per person are limited to the number indicated in the contest rafflecopter form. Entries will be reviewed and duplicate or uncompleted ones will be removed
St. Patrick's day is March 17th so its approaching quickly. I have a few ideas on art and food projects that i want to do with the kiddos. Hopefully I will have enough time to complete them and share them with you. This was a super easy one for those little hands. I cut the stripes of colored paper but if you are working with a preschooler or school aged child then they can practice cutting. The two toddler boys here only had to glue the pieces on their piece of paper. EASY, but they enjoyed it! :) It sure has brightened my kitchen with them hanging on the fridge! :) I also talked more about the Promise God gave us with the rainbow since I know that history a whole lot better then the history of the Irish Holiday!
MY MEMORIES SUITE Review and giveaway! (#1 rated scrapbook software) The above is one of the scrap pages I have created. Super easy and super fast. I only took a couple minutes to create a 8 page photo book. I am still going to do some more with adding more embellishments! The below is one I created all from scratch and it only took me about 5 minutes! :) SO EASY! Here is a great video explaining more about the product. There are also tutorials available on youtube.com I am not sure if you are like me but I have spent hours online trying to upload photos to the web to place them into something I was trying to create. THE BIGGEST BONUS to My Memory Suite is the fact that it is downloaded to your computer so you do not have to wait forever for a picture to upload! It made my experience much quicker then other programs I have used online. The scrapbook software was very easy to download on my computer and did not take long to learn how to create. :) One feature t